XK-100 Super Handler™
radical combo pipe handler & power swivel
The XK-100 Super Handler™ is a radical combination pipe handler and power swivel!
Patented to include a power swivel and many other features! First patent has issued, 4 patents pending.
Combining our XK-100 power swivel with our unique pipe handler brings many benefits.
Cuts costs, saves time, and increases safety !
Cost will be less than a handler plus a power swivel because much duplication is eliminated.
Engineering is nearing the production drawing phase and fabrication will start soon.
We expect to have the first unit in operation midyear 2020 and planning is underway to double our shop size.
Cuts Total Costs
- Less initial cost than the two separate units of pipe handler and power swivel.
- Less operating cost than two separate units – fuel, insurance, etc.
- Less personnel cost than two separate units - only one driver/operator.
- Less maintenance cost than two separate units - only one trailer, engine, hydraulic system.
- Less Environmental Impact – One truck, one trailer, one engine, one hydraulic system.
- Flexible usage – Rental companies can offer either/both swivel or handler services with one unit.
- Time Saving – Requires no dangerous pinning, just easy selector pins at ground level.
- Space Saving – Only one footprint on rig site.
- Cycle Time - as fast as rig crew moves pipe.
- 40’ high rig floors without extension.
- 25’ horizontal reach w/o extension - extendable trough.
- Range 3 pipe capacity without extension.
- Handles 3000 lb joints of pipe up to 13-3/8” casing without adjustment.
- Caterpillar Diesel same as our XK-100 Power Swivel.
- Tow with 3500 or 4500 truck with standard electric brakes.
- For spin-up, operator presets swivel tilt to repeat same pipe angle every time.
- Grabber-Skate not only pushes and pulls pipe, but also holds pipe against swivel spin-up.
- Handler moves power swivel, hoses, and control panel to and from rig floor safely – No winching required.
- Handler also moves misc equipment and tools to and from rig floor safely – up to 3000 lbs.
- When swivel is not in use, it is hydraulically lowered to storage position behind bumper.
- Only one driver, truck, and trailer instead of two.
- Rig floor heights to 40’ are selected at ground level and require no dangerous pinning.
- 25’ reach means no extensions are required.
- Fail Safe – Backups or locks on all movements.
- Safe Design Specs – API 8C, 4F, 2C, AISC, ASME, SAE, DOT