XK-100 Super Handler™
radical combo pipe handler & power swivel
The XK-100 Super Handler™ is a radical combination pipe handler and power swivel!
Patented to include a power swivel and many other features! Two patents have issued, 3 patents pending.
Combining our XK-100 power swivel with our unique pipe handler brings many benefits.
Cuts costs, saves time, and increases safety !
Cost is less than a handler plus a power swivel because much duplication is eliminated.
Before the COVID crash, we completed most of the engineering design work.
We look forward to building the first machine.
Cuts Total Costs
- Less initial cost than the two separate units of pipe handler and power swivel.
- Less operating cost than two separate units – fuel, insurance, etc.
- Less personnel cost than two separate units - only one driver/operator.
- Less maintenance cost than two separate units - only one trailer, engine, hydraulic system.
- Less Environmental Impact – One truck, one trailer, one engine, one hydraulic system.
- Flexible usage – Rental companies can offer either/both swivel or handler services with one unit.
- Time Saving – Requires no dangerous pinning, Selector pins are easily installed at ground level.
- Space Saving – Only one footprint on rig site.
- Cycle Time - as fast as rig crew moves pipe.
- Places swivel above 40’ rig floors without extension.
- 25’ horizontal reach without extension - Designed with extendable trough.
- Range 3 pipe capacity without extension.
- Handles 3000 lb joints of pipe up to 13-3/8” casing without adjustment.
- Caterpillar Diesel same as our XK-100 Power Swivel.
- Tow with 3500 or 4500 truck with standard electric brakes.
- For spin-up, operator presets swivel tilt to repeat same pipe angle every time.
- Grabber-Skate not only pushes and pulls pipe, but also holds pipe against swivel spin-up.
- Handler moves power swivel, hoses, and control panel to and from rig floor safely – No winching required.
- Handler also moves misc equipment and tools to and from rig floor safely – up to 3000 lbs.
- When swivel is not in use, it is hydraulically lowered to storage position behind bumper.
- Only one driver, truck, and trailer instead of two.
- Rig floor heights to 40’ are selected at ground level and require no dangerous pinning.
- 25’ reach means no extensions are required.
- Fail Safe – Backups or locks on all movements.
- Safe Design Specs – API 8C, 4F, 2C, AISC, ASME, SAE, DOT