XK-100 Super Handler™
radical combo pipe handler & power swivel
It is exciting to create Disruptive Technology!
The XK-100 Super Handler™ is a radical pipe handler which includes the XK-100 power swivel !
This is a major departure from the way things have been done before!
It's fun designing new and simpler machinery, and that's what Venturetech has always done!
Combining our XK-100 power swivel with a unique pipe handler brings many benefits. See below!
Cuts costs, saves time, and increases safety ! Two patents issued, 3 patents pending.
Cost is also less than a handler plus a power swivel because much duplication is eliminated.
Extreme long reach drillouts are commonly done with the standard XK-100, and we can provide higher torque if required.
Cuts Total Costs
- Less initial cost than two separate units - a pipe handler and a power swivel.
- Less operating cost than two separate units – fuel, insurance, etc.
- Less personnel cost than two separate units - only one driver/operator.
- Less maintenance cost than two separate units - only one trailer, one engine, one hydraulic system, etc.
- Less environmental impact – One truck, one trailer, one engine, one hydraulic system.
- Flexible usage – Rental companies can offer swivel and/or pipe handler services with one unit.
- Time Saving – Requires no dangerous pinning. Selector pins slip quickly in place at ground level.
- Space Saving – Only one footprint on rig site.
- Cycle Time - as fast as rig crew moves pipe.
- Places swivel above 40’ rig floors without extension.
- 25’ horizontal reach without extension - Extendable trough is built into the unit.
- Range 3 pipe capacity without extension.
- Handles 3000 lb joints of pipe up to 13-3/8” casing without adjustment.
- Caterpillar diesel is same as our XK-100 Power Swivel.
- Tow with 3500 or 4500 truck, uses standard electric brakes.
- Safe - For spin-up, operator presets swivel tilt to repeat same pipe angle every time.
- Safe - Skate-Grabber not only pushes and pulls pipe, it also holds light torque against swivel spin-up so nobody tries to use a pipe wrench.
- Safe - Handler moves power swivel, hoses, and control panel to and from rig floor safely. No winching required.
- Safe - 25’ reach with no extensions required.
- Safe - Handler also moves misc equipment and tools to and from rig floor safely – up to 3000 lbs.
- Safe - When swivel is not in use, it is hydraulically lowered to storage position behind bumper.
- Safe - Only one driver, truck, and trailer instead of two.
- Safe - Rig floor heights to 40’ are selected at ground level and require no dangerous pinning.
- Fail Safe – Backups or locks on all movements.
- Safe Design Specs – API 8C, 4F, 2C, AISC, ASME, SAE, DOT